Menu For Hope
Post By: Richard Smith on 12/15/2008
Today marks the 5th year of Menu for Hope, afund-raising event started by food blogger Pim Techamuanvivit to rasie funds for various food-based charities. This year's menu for Hope will raise money for the WFP's school lunch program in Lesotho, Africa.
If you are interested in helping kids in Africa get a decent meal each day, the program works like this.
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from the main Menu for Hope page at http://chezpim.com or from the wine bloggers page hosted by Alder Yarrow at Vinography.
2. Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope5 and follow the instructions for making a donation
3. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
For a more in-depth description of how to donate, check out Alder Yarrow's description on Vinography.
This year, Custom Wine Source has teamed up with Brutocao Cellars to donate a case of custom labeled Zinfandel (a $700.00 value). The prize includes our Full Custom Design service, one case of Brutocao Cellars Zinfandel (subject to availability, may be exchanged for a case of equal or lesser value Brutocao wine), and ground shipping to any state in the US in this list;
If you wish to ship to a state that is not on this list, call me at 1-877-824-9463 to discuss your options before buying tickets.
To buy tickets for this amazing prize, use the code WB05
Good luck and remember, it's for a great cause.
bridget sookma - 03/15/2010
i love different wine sites